Measuring the impact of government policies and programs is critical to maximising results for citizens.
In order to achieve this, government departments and agencies that were once focused on outputs are undertaking a much needed transformation to become outcomes focused.
While it is clear that outcomes based approaches are essential in ensuring the public sector effectively serves its citizens and achieves the desired impact, there are many challenges to successfully transitioning to this new way of working.
As a significant paradigm shift it requires reorganisation, cross-functional teamwork, and changes to planning, reporting & measurement.
Pressure to establish these systems is on, with the NSW State Budget now based on outcomes, an outcomes reform agenda rolling out in Victoria and other jurisdictions likely to follow.
The Planning, Measuring & Strengthening Outcomes Based Approaches in Government conference will bring together leaders from across the public sector to identify practical strategies and discuss best practice approaches to develop a strong and successful outcomes focus, reimagining the way the public sector serves our citizens effectively and efficiently.
You will learn how to
- Embed & prioritise an outcomes focus across government
- Strengthen culture, governance & leadership to achieve better results
- Utilise data effectively to improve outcomes based strategy
- Move from measuring outputs to measuring outcomes
Hear from a terrific lineup of speakers including:
- San Midha, Deputy Secretary Agency, Budget & Policy Group, NSW Treasury
- Louisa McKay, Executive Director Community Services, YMCA
- Michelle Sloane, Executive Director Strategy, Department of Industry, NSW
- Anna Needs, Director, Department of Premier & Cabinet, NSW
+ Many more.