Practical, real-world training is critical for success in any career.
Working as a lawyer in the public sector involves additional obligations and challenges that you will never learn about in a textbook.
Hear from experienced government lawyers on what they see as the absolute must-know issues for anyone starting a legal career in the public service.
- Legislative Process and Interpreting Legislation Presented by Luisa Alampi, Barrister, Foley’s List
- Delegations and Authorisations
Presented by Kate Oliver, Partner, Maddocks
- Legal Professional Privilege Issues for Government Lawyers Presented by Pip Mitchell, Partner, Clayton Utz
- The Obligation to Act as a Model Litigant: What Does it Mean for You?
Presented by Andrea Mapp, Senior Advocate, Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Juggling Government Lawyer Hats: More than a Circus Trick Presented by Martin Pike, General Counsel, Regulatory Transaction Services; Registrar, Business Licensing Authority; Secretary, Motor Car Traders Claims Committee
Attend and earn 4 CPD units including:
1 unit in Ethics & Professional Responsibility
1 unit in Practice Management & Business Skills
1 unit in Professional Skills