As data becomes more widely used across the public sector, data offers the ability to grow the digital economy, improve service delivery, inform decision making and enhance the effectiveness of government. However, the increasing use of data draws attention the need to invest in data management capabilities and ensure data remains secure.
The Data Management and Security Summit will bring together federal, state and local government departments and agencies to discuss how to develop strategies for data management and security.
Attendees will learn how to build data governance frameworks, invest in data infrastructure, share data between government agencies and ensure privacy.
By attending, you will learn how to:
- Future proof your data infrastructure to enhance data capabilities
- Facilitate government-wide decision making through interdepartmental data sharing
- Drive open data initiatives by mitigating the fear of data breaches
- Build and maintain public trust through secure storage of data
- Develop strong data governance to facilitate access to high-quality real time data
We’ve brought together leading speakers from across a multitude of departments, including:
- Phillip Gould, Assistant Secretary, Office of the National Data Commissioner
- Annette Cooper, Director Enterprise Analytics, New Zealand Defence Force
- Alex Antic, Principal Data Scientist, AUSTRAC
- Tyson Fawcett, Director, Data Management, Smarter Data, Australian Taxation Officer
- Anthony Kitzelmann, Chief Information Security Officer, Australian Digital Health Agency
- Angkhana Whiley, Assistant General Manager, Data Management and Analytics Taskforce, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
Is this conference right for you? We’ve designed the Data Management and Security for Government Summit so that all levels of public sector employees will benefit from attending, but these are the majority of the attendees you’ll meet on the day:
- Chief data officers and scientists
- Chief information officers
- Data officers
- Data architects
- Chief information security officers
We hope you can join us at the Data Management and Security for Government Summit 2018 – Driving an efficient, digital economy through data governance, management and security.